Tuesday 24 November 2009

Hanging in and feeling strong.


- Isn't it something to think this is how we all started out? -


I completed my 4th IVF today.
That is to say, I had my embryo transfer done this afternoon.
Emotionally and physically I'm in much better shape than the previous 3 but I've learned not to have expectations.

If this is a test in the lengths a woman will go to to prepare for the making and taking of an embryo (or 4) than I'm definitely in the runnings - for months now we're talking eating well (plus no booze or caffeine!) taking supplements, Chinese herbs, acupuncture, healing and dealing with emotional demons - not to mention all the other crazy shit I've subjected myself to these past 2 years.

Align LeftBut as we all know, my fate is in the 'hands of the gods' and I slightly suspect that none of all this makes the blindest bit of difference other than to stop me feeling helpless (oh, and to send my bank account further into the deep, dark red).

So, let's see what the universe has for me this time.......

p.s. If anyone out there is crackers enough to have stuck with me, thank you so much and will you send me some luck?
It would be much appreciated.

1 comment:

Cowgirl said...

Well, I'm still here! Just thought I check in and see if you had any news and voila...here you are. I myself am on an extended road trip and staying someplace with now internet connection (!). Yes in this so-called, first-world country, this is real. Anyway, good for you for giving it another try. One would never be able to say that you did not persist against a lot of odds to try to get what you want. I do hope you get that baby and get her/him soon so this will become one of those gooey, sweet-smelling, cutest kid in the world blogs -- I seriously, do. All fingers are being crossed here. gina