Friday 3 October 2008

Must not obsess.


The deed is done. It took 20 mins.
I wouldn't say it went smoothly, they struggled to get the tube through my cervix, which is apparently a bad sign because if the timing's right it should be open a little to allow for the egg to pass
. It was also exceptionally painful, another bad sign, and I'm still sore this morning.
I laid down on the train all the way home (looking like a proper nut nut but it seemed like the obvious thing to do?) and spent the afternoon at home chilling.
Then I read on the Internet that your cervix closes after the insemination so nothing can escape thus the laying down was all in vain, but what a joy to spend the afternoon home watching DVDs.
Also for 3 days I mustn't raise my body temperature (i.e. have a hot bath) as it kills sperm. No prizes for guessing what I want more than anything in the world.
So now all I have to do is take it easy and get on with life as normal for the next fortnight....
Note to self: must not obsess, must not obsess, must not obsess, must not obsess, must not obsess, must not obsess......

1 comment:

Cowgirl said...

The picture on this post is just so apropos! Fingers crossed.