Tuesday 15 July 2008

When will this plane ever take off ?

Patience is a virtue, so they say. Grrrrr, is what I say.
I keep telling myself this is good training for being a mum.
I cannot afford to do this privately, nor do I want to, but sadly the down side to the NHS is everything takes an achingly long time.
Having made it to the peak of difficult decisions, I just want to run down the other side and I'm having to inch it all the way. Every step takes 2 months and just when you think you've made it, there's another step (I encountered one today, hence this outburst).
It's an emotional roller coaster already and I haven't even started!
These are the times when I feel alone, and this is a feeling I'd better get used to, let's face it, what kind of guy's going to take on a pregnant lady or one with a tiny baby??
An amazing one, I guess.

p.s note to self: calm down - enjoy the freedom - it wont always be like this - oh and the sun - step away from the computer and enjoy that too.....

1 comment:

Cowgirl said...

Have you noticed that anything you really, really want takes a hell of a long time to get? I just completed a 21-month long immigration process and many, many days I wanted to just give up -- but didn't -- and now I have what I want -- you have all the signs of someone who is going to get what she wants. Keep the faith!